Thanks to recent advances in polishing equipment and techniques, polished and stained concrete is increasingly growing in popularity. In addition to its clean, sleek, modern appearance, it is cost effective, durable and has green benefits as well.
Engine Bay Floors has fully embraced this vibrant, growing segment of the flooring industry and is rapidly becoming one of the leading contractors who expertly grind concrete floor surfaces, new or old, to a high gloss finish that never needs waxes or coatings.
Considering the superior durability and performance of concrete, its no wonder polished and stained concrete has become an excellent alternative to traditional flooring choices such as tile, linoleum, VCT, carpeting, wood or coated concrete.
What is Polished Concrete ?
Concrete polishing is the art of altering the concrete floor surface to achieve a specified level of gloss through the multi step ( as many as 15 ) process. The concrete surface is mechanically refined using diamond abrasives and is divided in to 3 stages; grinding, honing and polishing.
What are the benefits of concrete polishing ?
- No peeling, flaking or delaminating
- Dust free, stain resistant, easy to maintain
- No moisture vapor transmission issues
- Extremely versatile and customizable – can be polished and stained to different degrees of shine
- Cost effective installation and maintenance, low life cycle cost
- OSHA Compliant
- Sustainable – concrete is recognized as a sustainable design material
- LEED Friendly – polished concrete can earn LEED points in the areas of energy, atmosphere, materials and environmental quality.
Where in a Fire, Rescue or EMS Facility can you Polish Floors?
- Engine Bay Areas
- Apparatus Bay Support & Vehicle Support Areas
- Administrative & Training Areas
- Residential Areas
- Mezzanine & Storage Areas
At Engine Bay Floors our concrete polishing and staining processes are done using the most technologically advanced grinding, honing and polishing equipment available in the world today.
Our entire installation department is C.P.C. certified, demonstrating superior concrete polishing and staining qualifications along with the appropriate credentials.
From the initial consultation to the completion of your project, let us show you how our industry knowledge, old school dedication to hard work and detail along with our years of experience will be the difference you can count on.
Engine Bay Floors – building our reputation one over whelming first impression at a time.
From the initial consultation to the completion of your concrete floor resurfacing project, let us show you how our industry knowledge and years of design and installation experience result in the difference you can count on.
At Engine Bay Floors, while you’re protecting the people we’ll be protecting the floors with tough performing Floor Resurfacing 4000 or other concrete floor resurfacing installations.